Established in 1995 the Wood Panel Industries Federation is a representative organisation giving voice to the industrial manufacturers in the United Kingdom and Ireland of Wood Chipboard, Oriented Strand Board (OSB) and Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF).
With a particular focus on technical and environmental influences, the role of the federation is to support its members’ processing activities and their products in the market.
WPIF Key priorities include:
- Support the wood panel industry’s manufacturing activities
- Maintain conditions which support the members’ products in the market place
- Represent members’ interest during the formulation of legislation and regulation or other influential instruments
- Provide a voice for the industry upon which to promote the members’ interests
WPIF Objectives include:
- To take account of all formative stages of the industry’s processes, products and derivative composites and elements, from forestry through to final product disposal, including functions and impacts of wood raw materials, timber sources, resins and other chemical components
- To lobby and maintain liaison with governmental and other official bodies as necessary in London, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Dublin, Brussels or elsewhere, and to be represented on or work with other influential associations and organisations
- To lead or participate in projects that further members’ interests
- To participate at leading and pro-active levels in standardisation of wood-based panels (specifications, test methods, performance standards, selection and application codes) at national, European and international levels
Autumn Park Business Centre
Telephone: +44 (0)1476 512 381