The Paper Industry Technical Association (PITA) is an independent organisation which
operates for the general benefit of its members – both individual and corporate – in promoting
and communicating the technological aspects of paper manufacture and related Fibrous
Forest Products. Formed in 1920, it has served the Industry – both manufacturers and allied
trades – for almost a century.
Individual Membership Benefits include:
The following publications, which are distributed free to all PITA members:
- Paper Technology International® - a prestigious international technical journal (3 issues pa);
- PITA Annual Review - an invaluable source of contact information and data;
- PITA Membership Directory - a unique source of contact details (exclusive to members);
- PITA Affairs e-newsletter - containing time-sensitive information (at least 10 issues pa);
- PAPERmaking! - e-magazine containing a mix of managerial and technical articles (3 issues pa).
Preferential access to PITA technical meetings, visits and events.
Advantageous arrangements for all Training Seminars organised by PITA.
Access to a number of prestigious awards for which only members of PITA can be nominated.
Access to information on the International stage thanks to PITA’s membership of EUCEPA, the
European Liaison Committee for Pulp and Paper Technical Associations which represents 14 national
Associations from European countries. Outside of Europe, PITA maintains regular dialogue with its
many sister organisations, including: APPITA (Australia); PAPTAC (Canada); TAPPI (USA) and
TAPPSA (South Africa). In addition, PITA attends or is represented at several major pan-European
Papermaking Exhibitions each year. Maintaining this level of contact throughout the world means PITA members obtain up to date information about all that is happening in the modern global Paper Industry.