Board & Tissue Solutions Product Sales Manager - UK
Location: flexible Home or office base: Darwen, Lancashire
Time type: Full time
Job requisition id: R23777
Are you ready for your next career challenge in Technical Sales, and have a passion for the Pulp & Paper industry?
We are currently looking for a BTS (Board & Tissue Solutions) Product Sales Manager to clearly understand the needs and concerns of our customers. In this position, you will play a key role in building and maintaining solid working relationships with customers and our internal Valmet network. You will understand customers' requests and challenges and in turn promote Valmet solutions for our customers within the UK. Specifically looking at Valmet's board, paper and tissue service offerings, improvement projects and bespoke innovative solutions (including Valmet’s Industrial Internet and agreements) to fulfil a compelling customer need along with Valmet's consumable parts portfolio.
As the key point of contact for the above topics you will be an integral player within Valmet customers "mill team" along with the mill sales manager for your regional clients; building and maintaining relationships while confidently understanding the customers' needs will be a strong priority. With your strong background within the Pulp & Paper industry and understanding of customer needs, you will successfully convert our customers' needs into effective solutions for all aspects of their process, supported by the global Valmet family. You have the lead in developing and executing sales plans to improve customers' processes and to increase their competitiveness. You are also responsible for collecting and documenting customer feedback, call reports, and learnings to help improve future Valmet service, solutions, and agreements.
Strong background in the pulp, paper and board industry;
- Approximately 8 years related experience in various positions in technical sales, production, process development, R&D or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Relevant HNC/degree-level qualification in an engineering discipline;
- Willingness to travel approximately: 50%;
- Strong English language skills for general communication and commercial discussions;
- Strong experience of Customer Value Chain;
- Solid team working, finding the right internal resources, communication / presentations skills, ability to persuade and influence both internal and external key stakeholders;
- Ability and skills to work in a matrix organisation and to influence people without having direct line organisation reports
In return we offer:
We offer you a challenging and rewarding position in a well performing team, where you will have the chance to put your education and experience to good use. We at Valmet believe in strong development opportunities and career growth within a global company. Excellent benefits package, and a supportive team based culture.
You will report directly to the Senior Manager, Sales - UK and be a member of the UK Sales Team.
When everything works together
Valmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. With 17,500 professionals around the world, we are the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our commitment to moving our customers’ performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how – and above all, teamwork.