The European Recovered Paper Council (ERPC) was set up for the launch of the First European Declaration on Paper Recovery in November 2000 with the aim to monitor the progress made towards meeting the recycling targets set out in the European Declaration.
The following tasks were given to the ERPC:
• to coordinate the commitments of all the Signatories and Supporters
• to take steps to improve the quality of the information available
• to discuss all relevant matters regarding the successful operation of the European Declaration
• to coordinate public information on the achievements of the European Declaration
• to produce annual reports
The ERPC monitors the progress of the European Declaration openly and transparently and co-ordinates the joint work to achieve set targets. In practice, this translates to ground-breaking research and development, significant investments in new capacities, a focus on quality and responsible sourcing, and on raising public awareness.
Avenue Louise 250
Telephone: +32 2 627 49 19