Can a recycled paper product be supplied inside a dispenser made with reclaimed materials? Now it can: this is the successful case history presented by Lucart at Pulire, the largest professional cleaning industry trade show in Italy, a world-leading event in the sector held in Verona from 23rd to 25th May.
Thanks to the Fiberpack® project, the innovative and sustainable project developed in collaboration with Tetra Pak®, Lucart can now recycle 100% of the components of a beverage carton, allocating 74% of cellulose fibres to the production of recycled paper products and the remaining 26%, consisting of 22% polyethylene and 4% aluminium, to the production of AL.PE.®, a recovered material intended for industries that produce building materials, urban furniture elements and objects of everyday use. Lucart used this material to create a full range of washroom area dispensers, combining the concept of sustainability with the three key elements that are most in-demand on the market: manageability, design and reliability.
This way, Lucart achieved a major goal: offering a superior quality recycled paper product contained in a dispenser made from recycled materials, thus providing an actual example of circular economy also for beverage cartons.
“Circular economics: The Future of Production, Consumption and the Entire Life Cycle. A Challenge for Businesses and the Community": this is the title of the conference promoted by Afidamp (the Italian Association of Professional Cleaning Equipment Manufacturers), which saw the participation of Lucart with a speech by Francesco Pasquini, Sales and Marketing Director of Lucart's Away From Home Business Unit.
"Our aim was to provide a practical example of sustainable innovation through solutions that stand out for being both original and effective. Two innovative raw materials have been combined to create two product ranges, which, as a single system, are capable of bringing the sustainability of the Lucart Professional brand in the daily business of customers in the Away From Home market," said Francesco Pasquini, Sales and Marketing Director of Lucart’s Away From Home Business Unit.
This project focused on sustainability and innovation is the reason why Lucart was chosen by Ecolabel – which, today, celebrates its 25 years of activity at a European level – as the winner of the Ecolabel Award on the occasion of the second edition of the EU Ecolabel National Awards.
EU Ecolabel is the ecological quality brand of the European Union (EU Ecolabel) for products and services, which, in addition to guaranteeing high performance standards, are characterised by a low environmental impact throughout the entire life cycle.
Lucart Professional received this prestigious award for category B, which is dedicated to the most innovative products and/or services from an environmental point of view, in terms of design, use or initiatives taken.
"We are very proud to receive this prestigious award, which is also a reward for our determination in pursuing the circular business model. It is no surprise that in 1998 we were the first Italian company to obtain the Ecolabel certification and, therefore, to believe that product sustainability should be achieved by taking into account the entire life cycle of a product," stated Guido Pasquini, Lucart’s Commercial Director - "We sincerely hope that the Ecolabel certification will increasingly become a benchmark for this type of economy.”