John D. Peel, Angus Wilde Publications Inc, Vancouver, 1999. Hard cover, 26 x 18 cm, 272 pages. ISBN 0-9694628-3-2.
This book is a compact publication containing core scientific explanations which are necessary for all technologists working in the paper industry to grasp and understand. In particular it provides a compact publication which contains quantitative information, including a range of ‘typical values,’ for a variety of properties, processes and effects.
- The Paper Industry and its Institutions
- Types of Paper, their Applications, and the Properties Required for the Principal Converting Processes
- Measuring the Properties of Paper
- Factors Affecting the Properties of Paper
- Overall Papermaking Process
- Stock Preparation
- Stock Approach System
- Forming and the Forming section
- Pressing and the Press Section
- Drying and the Drying Section
- Surface Treatments: Sizing and Pigment Coating