Production / Technical Manager
Fourstones Paper Mill is a paper manufacturer and converter who supplies the away from home tissue and specialist crepe paper markets.
We are seeking a Production/Technical Manager for our South Tyne Mill Hexham. This position would suit a Supervisor/Team leader or Process Engineer who is looking to train and progress to a Production Manager to join our Management Team.
• Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you will provide hands-on production leadership, managing the stock prep, paper machine and finishing.
• Setting team objectives and targets.
• Ensuring the production plan is set and achieved on a daily basis.
• Ensure all quality, cost, delivery, health and safety and KPI’s are achieved.
• Resolve any production issues and problems to full satisfactory completion.
• Participate in daily team meetings, reviewing performance and plans.
• Working with the Operations Manager/Engineering Manager to develop a culture of continuous improvement, ownership, and positivity.
• Oversee the paper mill operatives including staff discipline, grievance, and welfare issues, working alongside and with support of the Operations Manager
• Implement and manage staff training plans and continued development.
• Maintaining and developing Health and safety records, SSOW and Risk assessments.
• Production Manager, Supervisor/Team leader, process Engineer.
• A background of working in paper production.
• Possess demonstrable leadership skills.
• Able to create a positive culture within the business.
• Able to provide a team and business with a practical and hands on approach to production management.
• An excellent track record of successful delivery within a manufacturing environment.
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
Competitive salary, 25 days holidays plus statuary bank holidays, relocation package.