Fourstones Paper Mill is a paper manufacturer and converter who supplies the away from home tissue and specialist crepe paper markets.
We are seeking a Production/Technical Manager for our South Tyne Mill Hexham. This position would suit a Supervisor/Team leader or Process Engineer who is looking to train and progress to a Production Manager to join our Management Team.
- Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you will provide hands-on production leadership, managing the stock prep, paper machine and finishing.
- Setting team objectives and targets.
- Ensuring the production plan is set and achieved on a daily basis.
- Ensure all quality, cost, delivery, health and safety and KPI’s are achieved.
- Resolve any production issues and problems to full satisfactory completion.
- Participate in daily team meetings, reviewing performance and plans.
- Working with the Operations Manager/Engineering Manager to develop a culture of continuous improvement, ownership, and positivity.
- Oversee the paper mill operatives including staff discipline, grievance, and welfare issues, working alongside and with support of the Operations Manager.
- Implement and manage staff training plans and continued development.
Maintaining and developing Health and Safety records, SSOW and Risk assessments.
- Production Manager, Supervisor/Team leader, Process Engineer.
- A background of working in paper production.
- Possess demonstrable leadership skills.
- Able to create a positive culture within the business.
- Able to provide a team and business with a practical and hands on approach to production management.
- An excellent track record of successful delivery within a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Competitive salary, 25 days holidays plus statuary bank holidays, relocation package.